Ruana/Gilet

As mentioned in my earlier post I'm working on my first set of garments. The first item I'm making is a ruana/gilet. I'm making it from Sublime boucle yarn that I bought from the Knitting and Stitching show in September. This particular piece won't be part of my collection as the yarn has now been discontinued and it's difficult to work with so isn't suitable for intricate patterns. I will however make a similar one as part of my collection, but most likely using a chunky merino wool.

So far I've worked through almost two balls of yarn, considering the fact that I've only spent the equivalent of three days actually working on it, I think that's very good. If I can get my head down and focus on it i.e. If the boys give me some space I should be done in a week or two. Let's hope.

Comments