Gilet Update: Collar

As stated in my last gilet update, I started working on the collar. Initially the bottom half was fanning out too much, so I've adapted this to keep it even. So far it looks like it will resemble what I see in my head, but only time will tell.

 
 
I've adapted the original pattern slightly, using up more yarn than initially anticipated. I'm on my last ball and I doubt it will be enough to compete the collar. I don't want to order another online unless I'm buying other stuff as +deramores.com  offers free p+p for orders over £25 (I love  Deramores).

There is a small haberdashery not far from me, though I'm not sure if they stock the yarn I'm using, Debbie Bliss.

Another alternative would be to head to my nearest John Lewis, they will definitely stock it but I'd prefer to support a local business.

See how this piece has developed.

Gilet Update 1
Gilet Update 2
Gilet Update 3
Gilet Update 4

Comments