Ijeoma Ruana: Major Hitch

I posted a couple of months ago about the Ijeoma Ruana and how I'd found the perfect yarn, Patons Colour Works Aran.

        


Well, on Monday night I was in the process of purchasing the yarn for the Ijeoma project. Deramores was having a big sale on some of their yarns so I didn't want to miss this opportunity.
When I tried to add my required number of balls to the basket a little message popped up telling me that only four balls were available. Now at first I was going to just buy these four and then get the rest at a later date, but then I got thinking, is this yarn on sale, because it's on sale or is it being discontinued.

I decided to do a search on the yarn and found other sites selling it at full price, then I stumbled upon one that had DISCONTINUED written in big read letters.

This is when I began to panic, the next step was to check the company website, so I went to Coats Crafts, and tried to check their list of current yarns. Patons Colourwarks Aran was not on the list.

I  now panic even more, but I needed absolute confirmation so emailed them. Yesterday morning I got the response...

Unfortunately Patons Colourworks Aran is being discontinued. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I worked so hard searching for this yarn. Now I feel like I'm back to square one and contemplating whether or not I'm going to do another swatch.

If the yarn knits up to the same gauge I won't, but otherwise it looks like I'm going to have to take a few steps back with this pattern.

Ijeoma Swatch
Ijeoma Swatch



Comments