New Recipes

After posting the recipe for my Cinnamon Crunch Cookies last week, I spent most of this week working on two new recipes.

The first was for yet more biscuits, a sort of jam rolly polly biscuit. In terms of flavour, they turned out great,  I just need to work on the texture of the biscuit itself, with the jam adding a caramelised Jammy Dodger feel to it.

Coconut jam rolly polly biscuit


The second recipe was for a cake, a loaf cake, an almond loaf cake to be exact. This was delicious, however, the butter content was too high, which left the base of the cake greasy.

This is where the picture of the Almond Loaf Cake would have been if I remembered to take one before it was gobbled up

I'll try another batch of the cake over the next few days.

As most of the week has been taken up by baking,  I have done little to no knitting or crocheting. I still haven't received a response from the makers of the Ladies Shrug, but I know where the mistake is so when I get the urge I'll rip the last few rows and carry on.

Enjoy your weekend.

Comments

  1. This looks fantastic, and would be great with a little vanilla ice cream on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antoinette, my boys just finished them this evening and are already asking for more. I guess that means another batch will ne whipped up this week and I'm sure they'll love eating them with ice cream.

      Delete
  2. Keep up the knitting and crocheting! Love the rolly biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria for stopping by . With all the crafts and baking I want to do I sometimes wish I could stop time.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE cookies! I totally need to try these! Thanks for stopping by Oatmeal Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on the recipe this week, so everyone will get to try them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.