Tropical Fruit Drops



My first fruit drop recipes were such a hit with my tripolatas that I decided to try and whip up something new. They love mango, I mean LOVE it. Anytime I buy mango chunks they end up devouring them. I've now resorted to only buying them when the boys are in nursery, it's the only way I get any.


Dried pineapple is also a favourite of there's, so I decided to combine the two and make something with a tropical flavour.
Like the others, these drops are so easy to make, are extremely healthy and tasty (of course). Feel free to change quantities and filler ingredients to suit your tastebuds.

Tropical Fruit Drops
1/2 cup each of hazelnuts and Brazil nuts
3/4 cup each of dried mango and pineapple
1/2 cup of dried apricots
1/4 cup of dessicated coconut
2-4 tsp of banana flavouring (to taste/enough for the mix to bind)

Add the nuts to a food proessor and whizz until they are fiinely chopped

Add the dried fruit and whizz until they are also finely chopped (this stage could take a while)

Add the coconut and banana flavouring and give it a final whizz.

Spoon into moulds or roll into balls and place in the frigde to set.

These will keep in an airtight container for a few days, longer in the fridge.







Comments

  1. Oh wow...these sound so delicious! What a lovely mix of flavors. I'm going to make these! Thank you for sharing them in the weekly Go Crochet Crazy Link-a-Long at www.gocrochetcrazy.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are delicious, and it's easy to work up different variations. My boys are actually in need of another batch.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I love sweets that have a different type of taste and are natural. Found you through the Ducks in a Row link party :) Rebecca @ www.LettersFromSunnybrook.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.