Backless Jacket

                   Knitted backless jacket by Mrs U Makes Back view of the knitted backless jacket.

Yesterday afternoon I finished the Backless Shrug/Jacket that I've been working on for what seems like an eternity. When I started it I didn't really know exactly how I wanted it to turn out, it was just something to use up the yarn that I had bought from the knitting and stitching show. It's from a discontinued line from Rowan so was on sale,  at the time I bought it I had no intention of branching into selling written patterns so didn't mind that it was being discontinued.

Now that I am producing a pattern for this piece I am thinking that it would be easier if the yarn was still available, though the pattern is very simple and it would be easy to substitute another type of yarn.

I've written a rough draft of the pattern and just need to take a good picture. This seems to be the main problem I encounter whenever I make something. There's no one available to model the garments nor is there anyone who can take a decent picture of me wearing them.

My best option is to get a dressmakers dummy, and hope that I can find somewhere to store it so that Mr U won't complain about the lack of space and the tripolatas won't think they have a new toy. There are quite a few selling on EBay, if I can get one it would really make a difference.

Comments