Moto Moto Sauce

I had originally planned to post the recipe for my Coconut and Jam Roly Poly Biscuits. I made them for the tripolatas class party (it was their last day today) along with my Cinnamon Crunch Cookies. I'm still not 100% happy with the texture, I'll try them again using a lower oven temp and see if that does the trick.

Moto Moto (Hot Hot) sauce by Mrs U Makes

Instead I am posting this recipe for Moto Moto Sauce, moto moto means 'Hot Hot' and this sauce is definitely HOT. I got the recipe from my mum via Mr. U, who like myself prefers food that has a real kick. There have been many occasions, were upon being presented with a meal, the cook has cautioned me to be careful as '...it's quiet spicy'; I take a bite expecting to be blown away and get nothing.

Spicy to me means 6-7 birds eye chillies or 2-3 scotch bonnet, hot on the other hand means...well you'll see as you read on.


I don't wish for anyone to go beyond their limits, so if a handful of scotch bonnet is too much for you then please use something that won't kill of your taste buds. If on the other hand a handful of scotch bonnet is like black pepper, then drop those bad boys in to your hearts content.

Here's what you'll need:

Moto Moto (Hot Hot) sauce by Mrs U Makes, this is all you need plus a little water and oil.

1 medium sized onion
1 bell pepper
1" chunk of ginger
5 garlic cloves
approx 8 scotch bonnet
some water
2-3 tbsp of oil

(Using more of the non chili ingredients will also reduce the heat.)

Here's what you'll need to do:



1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and fill the blender almost halfway with water. Blend until combined but not completely smooth.

2. Heat the oil in a pan, then add the sauce. Season with salt and stock cubes if desired.

3. Cook over a medium heat until the sauce has reduced or reaches your preferred consistency. I like mine to be a little thick.
Moto Moto sauce by Mrs U Makes  Moto Moto (Hot Hot) Sauce, by Mrs U Makes

4. Once cooled, transfer to a sterilised jar or a plastic container. Store in the refrigerator.

Moto Moto (Hot Hot) sauce by Mrs U Makes

This never lasts more than a couple of weeks in the U house so I can't say exactly how long it will keep for, but it can also be stored in the freezer. Defrost and heat in a pan when you wish to use it.

Comments

  1. That looks very yummy! I will have to give it a try,thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as we do. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know what you think.