Ijeoma Update

Knitted Ruana by Mrs U Makes

About a week ago, I switched my knitting attention to Ijeoma, the ruana pattern that I'm working on. If you don't know what a ruana is you can find some examples on my 'Project Inspiration' Pinterest board.


Throughout the week I've spent a couple of hours, here and there, working on it. I'm 3/4 of the way through the second ball of yarn and about 14-32 rows away from the halfway point of the motif. I say 14-32 because I may make the motif longer, I'll have to wait and see what it looks like.

Changing the motif from a knit/purl combi to cables was a great decision, it's made working on the piece a lot more interesting. However, I have had a few mistakes, when I've been so carried away that I've forgotten to add another cabled section.

central motif of knitted ruana by Mrs U Makes
Cabled central motif
side cable edging on knitted ruana by Mrs U Makes
Cabled edge
I'll soon have a few cables to work through, so I'm forcing myself to have the pattern chart and my notebook by my side at all times and to check it regularly. This is not the time to tink or rip out stitches, I want to get this finished asap so that I can get the pattern tested and published before the cold weather really sets in.

I'm not sure how much knitting I'll get done today. I've promised the tripolatas and their friend that I'll take them to the park. They're not old enough for me to knit in the park whilst they play so I'll have to do a little before and after we go, if they'll let me. 

What's currently on your needles or hooks?

Comments