The piece shown is the Adjustable Poncho by Bejere de France, I didn't like the way it looked so played around with the buttons and came up with this.
The cardi I'm currently working on is being made using Alpaca DK by Stylecraft, As I was dissatisfied with the cowl I (reluctantly) ripped it back and immediately jumped onto Pinterest to look for an alternative pattern.
It wasn't long before I came across a diamond pattern that I had used before, This has now been incorporated into a portion of the original stitches used in the cowl. I've done almost 50% of the cowl, beginning to work the colour changes.
Once it's done I'll add buttons to the back and seam the arms, then it's off to the next crocheted piece.