A Look Back at 2015

Mrs U Makes... Sunwalker Shawl

If you read my last post you would know that for the time being I will be posting on a monthly basis (with the exception of stash enhancements, acquisitions and shop updates).

Before I post my January review I thought I would tell you about the projects I finished at the end of 2015, these were the Chunky Man Cowl (by Marissimo) the Sunwalker Shawl (by Melanie Berg) and the Peekaboo Mittens (by Pensive Frog).



                                             Mrs U Makes... Chunky Man-CowlMrs U Makes... Sunwalker Shawl

The cowl was a Christmas present for my brother, I used the leftover yarn (Stylecraft Alpaca DK) from the Diamante Shrug. The shawl was a Christmas/birthday gift for my mum and was made using Fyberspates Vivacious 4ply in their Tweed Imps colourway. I plan on making the shawl again as part of my one shawl every two months plan.

Mrs U Makes... Peekaboo Mittens

The Peekaboo Mittens were also made using Stylecraft Alpaca DK, I didn't realise I had so much of this yarn left over and have made another item with (check out the next post).

As I went over my Ravelry notebook I was very surprised to see the number of projects I'd actually finished I 2015. According to Ravelry I completed 1 cowl, 1 shawl, 1 pair of gloves, 2 newborn sweaters, 2 children's sweaters, 3 design projects. That's 10 projects in one year, I honestly thought I'd done so much more, this is why I need to focus on actually making items, especially design projects.

So far this year I've made six items, six in one month. If I keep on track with my plans, 2015's total will be eclipsed within a couple of months.

I do hope my new blogging schedule works for anyone who reads this blog. Please do come back at the end of each month and see what I have been making.

Looking back at 2015, are there any craft related activities that you want to improve upon.

Comments