February Round-Up


Mrs U Makes...February Round-Up #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

February is done, and I’m not too pleased with myself. You’ll see why when you look at my FO’s and one particular WIP.

Goodies


I attended Unravel Farnham a week and a half ago it was suh a fun event, I got to see check out yarns from dyers I'd never heard of before and had a nice chat with a few of them. I came away with a few goodies, my stash is finally beginning to look like a stash that a crafter can be proud of.

Mrs U Makes...February Round-Up #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

1. Whimzy Twisted MN
2. Midwinter Yarns' Linus Kit with Ullcentrum 2ply fingering weight
3. Rosie's Moments in Splashes of Colour and The Darkside
4: Town End Yarns Alpaca mini skeins
5: Baa Ram Ewe Titus and two Titus mini skeins (the bag came free)
The cards are from Tilly Flop Designs

Finished Objects

Socks

My chosen socks for February were the Lilith socks by Megan Sanders. They were worked cuff down with a longer leg than my January socks and had a heel flap and gusset. This is the second time I’ve worked this type of heel, compared to a short row heel I found it a lot simpler, but it took longer as each sock had to be worked individually. If there is a way to work the gusset on both socks at the same time I’d really like to know. The pattern is very simple, and very easy to remember after the first round.
The yarn, Knit Pick Stroll Fingering, was great to work with and felt so soft when I put them on.

Mrs U Makes...February socks #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

Shawl

The Reyna Shawl came off the needles almost a week ago. Overall I enjoyed working on it, but towards the end, I just wanted to get  it finished.
The shawl came out smaller than I expect, but then I did use lace instead of 4ply, so this should have been expected. 
I used Skein Queens Luminosity Lace in Mint Green, I have more than half of the skein left and don't know what to do with it. I'm not in any rush to work on another lace weight shawl or any other lace weight project.

Mrs U Makes...Janary/February shawl #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

Design Project

This is not technically a design project; I made it so that I could get my remaining bonus points for Winter Camp. As the name suggests, it took about one hour to make, thanks to the chunky yarn and the stitches used.

Mrs U Makes...One Hour Cowl #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

One Hour Cowl

Work 19 FDC, ch2 and worked one dc in each st (ch2 counts as 1st dc throughout)
Ch3, turn, skp next st and dc in next st, ch1, skp1, dc in next st. Repeat from *
Ch2, turn, 1 dc in each st and ch space.
Continue until you reach desired length. 
Seam edges or use a button or shawl pin

WIPs

Sweater

The 3-in-1 sweater is just the same as it was last month. I’m  going to spend the rest of the week working on it, I don’t want to get to the end of March and still be working on this.

Mrs U Makes...3 in 1 sweater  #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

Kids

The Playground shirt is still in the beginning stage, I'm now working in the round and will begin colour work after a few more centimeters.


Design Project

So far my design project is only a swatch. I spent yesterday afternoon doing a little maths, trying to work out the sizing. I will also work on this throughout the week and plan to finish it by mid-April.

Mrs U Makes...design swatch #mymrsumakes @mrsumakes

Other News

Podcasts have become my main knitting companion over the last couple of months and I’ve toyed with the idea of starting one myself. The main reservation I had was a lack of a decent camera and time to do it. But now, all that has changed, we now have a new camera and I have a few recording ideas that will fit into my schedule.
I’ve already recorded one video but won’t post anything until I’ve done a few more. I want to make sure I have enough to keep me going for a few weeks in case I don’t have time to record regularly.

In other exciting news (more so for me) I’m taking part in my first ever swap. It’s being hosted by Mina of the Knitting Expat Podcast. Participants swap locally dyed or spun yarn and other goodies with crafters in another country. This way you get to sample yarn that you might otherwise never get to use. My swap partner is from the States, I’ve already put together the yarn and a few of the goodies, there’s just one more item I’m trying to get hold of and the package can be on its way.

Another goody I’m waiting to receive is my first yarn club box. To be specific it’s the Third Vault Yarns Club, and all I know about it is that it’s themed around the TV show Firefly. There have been a few teasers on Instagram, but it’s still a mystery. Once it arrives I plan on recording an unboxing, so watch this space.

So I guess that's it for now, before you go, here's a little question...

How long would you work on a project before retiring it to the UFO cupboard?

Comments