August Round-Up


September is finally here, which means the kids are back in school, whoop, whoop, whoop. I have a good horde of FOs to show including two new designs.

I'm having technical difficulties so I'm unable to film a round-up, so it's just this blog post for now.

Done and Dusted






Design Project


As with the July socks, I doubled up  my August socks also making them a design project, using the remaining yarn from the Überlappen socks.
The yarn is Rosies Moments in Splashes of Colour, which is a merino/nylon blend. There was still about 16g left when I finished, some of which I've added to my mitred square blanket. The patterns for both socks have not been written up yet. I plan to do this soon and then get them both tested.


My other design project was this hat I made for a relative who recently gave birth, it will be part of the Hats Off To Ya Kid collection, when I finally get all the hats complete.
The hat was made using Wendy Roam Fusion in the Heath colourway, I haven't given it a name yet.


Kids

In keeping with the kid makes, I also knitted two pairs of baby socks. One using the Wendy Roam and the other using Regia Design Line in Jazz Colour by Erika Knight.


The first pair (in Wendy Roam), were made from the Baby socks pattern by Katy Atherton. I knit the first sock using dpns and then switched to a cable needle for the second. It was only when I'd worked the toe on the second sock that I realised that my tension was a little looser using the DPNs, so that sock  looks a little bigger. I blocked it a little just to stretch it out.


For the second pair I used Toe Up baby socks by Sheila Toy Stromberg, these were both knit one at a time, using magic loop, so both came out the same size.

I will definitele be making more baby socks, They're ridiculosly quick and are a great way to use up scrap yarn.

Shawl

As most of you know, I have challenged my self to make one shawl every two months and so far I have managed to keep up with this. I started my July/August shawl (Linus on the Line) at the end of July and then decided to start another shawl at the beginning of August.

Normally I would not have done something like this, especially during the school holidays, but when Anniken of Yarn Addict announced that she was hosting a KAL for her latest project (Gondola), that she was designing it as she went along, and that it was free, I couldn't miss out on this opportunity.


The Gondola shawl was finished first, I used the Town End Alpaca minis I picked up at Unravel, starting with the light red/orangey/coral colour, then the red and finishing with the purple.

It's the first lace project I've worked on were there aren't any mistakes. This is only because I used stitch markers to divide the pattern repeats. Whenever I made a mistake it was easy to compare one repeat section with another to work out were I went wrong. All but two of my stitch markers were used in this project, which means, I need more stitch markers.


Linus on the Line was finished on the the 3rd of September, but I'm still counting this as my July/August shawl. I did get bored towards the end and finished the garter edge eight rows early. Gondola will be an extra shawl for the year.

On The Needles/All Hooked Up

Kids


I've used up one skein on two of the Atlas jumpers, the thirdone hasnt had anywork done on it but I will give themmore attention in the coming months.

 

Design Project

Another welcome gift for my newly arrived niece is a crocheted blanket. This will have elements similar to the Apphia blanket. I'm about halfway throufh though I'm experiencing designer's block and dont know what to do next. Something will have to come to me soon as I don't want the baby to outgrow the other items (though thats not likely to happen very soon).

Mitred Square blankets



A few new squares havs been added to my blankets, mainly the knitted one. I don't have many minis that are ready to go in, so I'm only adding a new sqaure when I'm bored or in between projects.

Goodies Galore


Only one package came through the door in August and this was from a destash. I managed to bag a skein of Countess Ablaze Lady Persephone Sock in I'm Not Okay and West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply in.

Both are yarns I've wanted to try for a long time. I'm saving the WYS for my December socks, the Countess Ablaze skein will preferably be used in a garment.


Waiting In The Wing

Socks

To avoid the need to buy more sock yarn I will be using the remaining yarn from my June socks, Rico Design Suberba Poems. My pattern of choice, for the moment, is Bodie by Rachel Coopey. I have left than half a skein left so they will be ankle socks and I'll also have a contrasting heel and toe, possibly cuffs too.

Sweater

Sometime ago I designed a crocheted vest/waistcoat but its not whatni wajted it to be, so I've come to the decision to frog it. I will possibly use the yarn to make Burgundy by Lisa Richardson, it's a lace reversible top. I haven't worked a swatch yet, and wont make one until the baby makes have been sent off.

Word For The Month

The Word for September is Romans 8:31

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Whatever we are going through, the knowledge that God is with us should help us realise that nothing and no one can bring us down. He is looking out for us, He has great plans for us, If he says it will happen, then it will happen, there's nothing that can get in the way of that if we believe and have faith.

What's on your needles? Don't forget to join us on the Mrs U Makes Ravelry group were yoy xan shate yoyt current makes and FOs.

Comments