October Round-Up




Can you belive we are now in November, the year is almost over. it's time for those handkintsto come out of hibernation and be shown off. For this round-up, there's the usual array of fibre goodness. check out the accompanying video at the end of the post to see both Valerie and Little Miss.


Done and Dusted

There were two projects off my needles in October, my October socks and my September/October Shawl. 


For October I made a pair of vanilla socks using James C Brett Supreme Soft and Gentle Baby 4ply. I worked a German short row heel and as you can see, worked them in two colours. I used 2.5mm needles and worked 60 sts on one sock and 56 sts for rhe other, these socks were a sample for a future sock pattern. 


My second FO for October was the Sunwalker Shawl by Melanie Berg in Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply/Sport. I used 4mm needles for the main body and 5mm for the cast off, which was an I-cord cast off.  I love this shawl and plan to make at least another two.

On the Needles/All Hooked Up

Other than the Atlas jumpers and the Mitred square blankets, the only WIP I have is the Blue Sands cardigan by La Maison Rillilie. I've now added the next shade and have also purchased the second contrasting shade. The yarn I'm using is Debbie Bliss Eco Baby in Kingfisher  (blue), Noir (black), and Smoke (grey). 

Goodies Galore

Only two goodies to report: 
Artesano Definition sock in the Crocodile colourway, 400m/100g. I got this in a destash.
So Crafty 100% cotton.
You can check these out on my stash page

Waiting in the Wings 

I have two projects planned so far for September, the Burn the Capitol mitts by Third Vault Yarns. This pattern was part of the club package and is worked in the minis that we received.

The second is a secret, but I can tell you that I will be using the Artesano to make it.

What's on Valerie 


This month Valerie is wearing he Morgan Backless Jacket, a one piece wonder worked in a simple stitch with very little seaming. You can get the pattern from my Ravelry store or click on the Patterns tab at the top of the page. If you do make one, don't forget to share your progress on the My Mrs U Makes thread over on the Ravelry group 

Word for the Month

Proverbs 26:13

A sluggard says, "There's a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets!"

Don't let  excuses stop from achieving what you want to achieve. 






Comments