September Round-Up




Apologies for the late posting of the September notes. Let get straight to it, the accompanying video can be found at the end of the post.

Done and Dusted

Socks


For my September Socks I again used Rico Design Superb a Poems and worked the Bodie Socks pattern by Rachel Coopey. I madecided them shorter than the pattern and used DY Choice 4ply for the cuffs, heels, and toes.

On the heels I worked a German short row, which I absolutely loved. There are no wraps and it's so easy to remember. 

Kid Makes

 



My cousin gave birth in September and I had the pleasure of making a few items for her new arrival. The cardigan is the Chicory Top by . For this I used Adrifil Azzura, this is a really nice pattern and the subtle chicory motifs soon became intuitive.

I also made a pair of socks and a hat. The hat is a design project called Ruffalo (the pattern isn't available yet) and the socks are the Circle of Hearts socks, but I omitted the hearts and just used the pattern as a guide. For both I used James C Brett Supreme Soft and Gentle Baby 4ply and Wendy Roam in the Heathrow colourway.

On The Needles/All Hooked Up


My main WIP was the Sunwalker Shawl, by Melanie Berg. It's a pattern I've made previous in Fyberspates Vivacious 4ply. This time I'm using Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply/Sport in Gold. 

The other WIPs I have are the Atlas jumpers that I'm making for the Tripolatas, but there's notuing really to show there.

Goodies Galore

  
  

September was a good month for goodies, the yarns above were all from destash, they are: Debbie Bliss Eco Baby, Araucancia Lace Merino DK, and Knitted With Shine

Picture from the Third Vault Yarns group

My favourite goodie for the month was the ThirdVault Yarns quarterly club package. The theme for this quarter was The Hunger Games and included 4 minis, stitch markers, beads, a Humming Jay key ring, and the main club skein in The Girl colourway.

Check out my stash page for details on these 

Waiting In The Wings

The only planned project I hashould at this point was the Blue Sand Cardigan by La Maison Rillilie. I'm going to use the Eco Baby yarn I received from the destash as the main colour and use a turquoise and grey and contrasting colours.

Word For The Month
  
“Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’ Matthew 25:24-25



Comments