Mrs U Makes November & December Round-Up

Mrs U Makes a November Round-Up Mrs U Makes a December Round-Up

November

Apologies for not getting round to posting the notes for November, December was a very busy period. So here you'll find the link to the video. Details of the projects I worked on can be found on my Ravelry project page.

The featured projects bags can be found at EboniePearl
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 

It's the end of the month and the end of the year. December had been a very busy month in the U household, not just because of Christmas but also due to the projects I've wanted to finish. So let's have a look at my last finished projects for the year,  the one WIP I'll be taking into 2017 and the goodies that December has brought.

An accompanying video can be found at the bottom if this post.

Done and Dusted

My first FO for the Month was spoken about in the November Round-Up, but it's the same as the second December FO. They're both Atlas sweaters, the first was made for Jimmy Jnr (in red) and the second for Mr. Man (in grey. Check out the November Round-Up to see Mister's Atlas, in orange).



They were finished in time for the boys to wear them to school for Christmas Jumper day. As mentioned previously I worked the pattern as instructed except for the cast off which was done using Jenny's surprisingly stretchy bind off (the pattern calls for a tubular cast off).
Sometime in the future I will make one for Little Miss, I might even do the cardigan version.


My final three FOs for the year were all socks, the first was my November socks. I wasn't able to finish these in November, the pattern is the Blueberry Waffle Socks by Sanddy Turner. The yarn is Drops Fabel Print in Blue Sea and Drops Fabel Unicolour in Mustard.



The second sock was made in West Yorkshire Spinner Signature 4ply in the Holly Berry colourway and Drops Fabel Unicolour in Red, these were basic vanilla socks as the yarn is self patterning and I wanted something very quick.



The final sock is my March makeup socks, the pattern is Hermoine's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueda, or as I like to call them, Hermoine's Half-A-Day socks because the pattern is only worked on the front of the leg. I've use the same yarn that I used as a contrasting colour in the November socks plus an unknown ball I received as a swap.


For all these socks I've used an adapted version of the German shortrow heel.
I now have my 12 socks for the #boxosoxkal hosted by Kristen of the Yarngasm podcast

On the Needles/All Hooked Up

Ideally I would have liked to have all my needles free of projects, but spending most of my time working on the Atlas jumpers and completing my socks has meant that I'll have to finish the Blue Sands cardigan in the new year. I don't really mind as it gives me something to work on before I cast on the next project. I'm still working in the sleeve,  but don't imagine it will take too long to finish.

Goodies Galore


Now on to my favourite part, the goodies.  First this month I picked up yarn to use in my next design project. It's this gorgeous deep red, from Lamingtonlass yarns. It's a 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon blend with 425m/100g. I'll talk more about what I'm doing with it in the next section.


The next goodie was the final club skein from Third Vault Yarns, this time I only went for the main skein and not the whole club package. It was themed on Lord of the Rings, and though I'm not a LOTR fan I think Lola has done an amazing job. Click here to see what else was in the club package.


The last set of yarn goodies were from a  destash, I was able to get seven skeins of Cascade 220, 4 in Mallard and 3 in Burgundy.  I'm not entirely sure what I'll make with them, either a sweater for myself or something for the kids.

My non yarn goody was a knitters graph paper note book. It will come in handy with all my design ideas, and it's also great for doodling when I want to pass the time and don't feel like knitting.

Waiting in the Wings


As mentioned earlier I have plans for a new design project to, this will be a cowl made using the mini skeins from the first Third Vault Yarns club package inspired by Fiefly, I will pair these up with the Lamington Yarns skein. I've finalised the layout of the colours but haven't decided on a stitch pattern, if all goes well the pattern will be finished before the end of the month.

What's on Valerie

This month's feature for What's on Valerie is the Ijeoma Ruana Wrap, check outhe the Ravelry project page for more details.



Word for the Month
The word for the Month of January is Habakkuk 3:17-19
I go into more detail in the video, but basically this reminds me that even though things aren't going the way I expect them to,  nothing will stop me praising the Lord.



Comments